I have a design / webdesign inclination with experience in programming. I try to keep myself current with the new technologies and trends, seeking training where needed and participating in events. My main interests at the moment lie in web and mobile applications, UX/UI and front-end development.
“I believe in the magic of little things, a spice, a herb, a touch, a thought...”
Tools of the trade
“The right tool for the job”
I have my favourites and could try anything that makes the task more enjoyable. Tools and areas of development at the moment are:
- Adobe Design Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, etc.
- HTML5, CSS3 (Sass/Libsass), Grunt, Bower, Web applications, Mobile applications and Web apps
- Front-end frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap, Pure, Semantic UI)
- Content Management Systems (Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, Moodle)
- Favourite editors: SublimeText & Notepad++ (just because has integrated ftp)
- Wireframing, prototyping, presentation and testing: Balsamiq Mockups and InVision App
January 2015 - Present
Working on a digital toolkit to enable users to engage with digitised manuscripts. Leading the development of the user interface(s) required for the project to ensure the tools will meet the user’s needs.
- Develop (code, test, and implement) a web interface for the tools and services being developed in the project, to a specification accepted by the wider community of developers
- Work with the rest of the Shared Canvas and IIIF teams ensure interoperability and compatibility with existing specifications and APIs
- Represent the project at relevant conferences/hackathons/workshops and to contribute appropriately to academic publications
- Produce technical documentation specific to the project, provide support and training to project participants and/or users
Previous: DAMS Software Engineer at University of Oxford
March 2009 - January 2015
Member of the core Digital Asset Management System (DAMS) team working with the system architect to develop the DAMS architecture. Projects:
Short-version CV [pdf] Extended-version CV [LinkedIn]